Tuesday 9 March 2010

I'm back!!!

Hi everyone, you may have noticed that I haven't blogged for quite some time. This has been largely due to the fact that my laptop went bang in a big way last summer and I've had to share the PC with the kids ever since. Now, thanks to Mr. Woolworks, I have my own (second hand but still quite shiny) laptop again!

So, now to fill you in on a few things that have happened since my last post...

I am now on a further extended career break from the civil service, so if I don't sell anything I can't pay my bills - but I'm soooo much happier knowing I don't have to go back there. My Fibromyalgia is less of a problem now that I'm not chained to a desk every day and my depression is easing too :)

I've decided to put my MA on hold for a while until I'm well enough to concentrate on it again.

My daughter has dropped out of sixth form and got a job at a local nursery. She's always been really good with kids and it seems to be suiting her.

I'm going to be an Aunty again in May which is a good excuse for lots of knitting lol :D

A little while ago I reached 100 sales in my Folksy shop - and now I'm at 145!!!
By way of a celebration I'll be having a little competition to win a custom dye - or if you don't knit yourself then you could have a gift voucher to give to someone who does :) Watch this space for further info.

I've introduced some new yarns including this lovely Pima Cotton and Alpaca blend Laceweight:



And started to sell wool longies and soakers like these knitted using the Sheepy Time Knits pattern (for which I hold a cottage industry licence):



And now to the future....

I will be adding some patterns to my shop shortly

I will have banana yarn back in stock next week

I will be starting a regular Folksy picks post this Friday.

I will leave you for now with a photo of my fantastic new hat, knitted in my Superwash British Merino Aran - Parakeet colourway. The pattern is Marina by Woolly Wormhead. And yes, it's supposed to be really bright so Mr. Woolworks can find me in the crown at the bike racing!

No comments:

Post a Comment