Monday 14 June 2010

The Big Knit, Leeds.

On Saturday I was lucky enough to be involved in The Big Knit at Granary Wharf in Leeds. This was a celebration of Worldwide Knit in Public Day, and it was organised by Verity from Baa Ram Ewe in Headingley, Leeds, where some of my yarns have been stocked.

I was one of a small number of stallholders and demonstrators, others included the very talented Daniela Kloppmann of Felt Studio UK who was spinning gorgeous yarn throughout the day, the British Wool Marketing Board who demonstrated sheep shearing and, of course, Verity's own Baa Ram Ewe. There were also many wonderful volunteers teaching knitting, crochet and finger and hand knitting :)

I was well organised for my stall, but joked on Twitter the night before that I was bound to forget something. Unfortunately I forgot two things in the end - my sun block and my camera, so I now have a sore neck and only two photos of the whole event, taken on Mr. Woolwork's phone at the end of the afternoon :(

It was so lovely to meet so many lovely like minded people who were interested in my yarns and the way I dye them. Here is a photo of my stall after everyone had stroked and squished the yarn - it was a lot tidier in the morning!



All in all it was a truly wonderful day and I can't wait until the next one :)

No comments:

Post a Comment