Sunday 23 May 2010

Otley Show 2010

Yesterday was the 201st Otley Agricultural Show. It is the oldest one day annual show of it's kind in the country, and an important part of Wharfedale's heritage. I have been going to the show since I was a small child. Usually it rains, often heavily, but yesterday the weather was fantastic, making it a fantastic day out.

I went with my son Ciaran, as Mr. Woolworks was at the British Superbikes qualifying at Cadwell park. On entering the show the first thing we came across was the cattle judging.



Naturally I made a bee-line for the sheep, after all where would I be without beautiful fleeces? I think the lovely black sheep with the white face in this pic is a Zwartbles...



And these are Mashams...



But of course what I really wanted was to see the Bluefaced Leicesters. Here is a prize winning example...



Just look at this lovely fleece!



We then moved on to the poultry, but I'll save that for tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment