Monday 17 August 2009

Oooooops!


Can't believe it's over a month since I last blogged! But I have been away on holiday and the kids are off school and I'm still sharing their PC so I suppose I have a bit of an excuse. So much to talk about but not much time so I'll just talk briefly about my holiday today.

We went to Normandy on our motorbike, which is a Benelli Tre-K. As I suffer from Fibromylgia we had to stop on route at regular intervals - always a good excuse for coffee and cake :)

The highlight of the trip for me was a visit to Monet's garden at Giverny. I've been several times before but it's so lovely I just had to go again. I took lots of photos this time as I plan to use them as inspiration for my spring/summer yarn colours next year.


Lovely yellows and reds,


purples and pinks


and blues.


Not forgetting the multitude of greens in and around the beautiful lily pond of course!

Finally as inspiration for some natural dyeing I'm about to do some lovely tree bark..


and lichen.

No comments:

Post a Comment